Thursday, September 21, 2006

Bagged, Tagged & Flagged

Moof has tagged me to give 7 songs I am listening to now. This is easy as I am motoring across Canada, visiting friends and relatives enroute, a 3000 kilometer trajectory that coincides with the honking Vs of Canadian geese overhead and every kind of duck you can think of in the ponds and shelter belts of the migratory pathways that sweep up across the Canadian prairies.

There is nothing better than CBC radio doing informed dialogue and when reception is poor, the CDs are croning.

And I wish I knew how to embed them for you as others do. This is the simple version of music titles and artists only.


  • Jessie Winchester, Talk Memphis from The Best of Jesse Winchester
  • Aaron Neville, You'll Find a Better Love from To Make Me Who I Am
  • Charlie Parker, A Night in Tunisia from Ornithology
  • Laura Smith, My Gate's Wide Open from It's a Personal Thing
  • Leonard Cohen, A Thousand Kisses Deep from Ten New Songs
  • Ian Tamblyn, Overhead South from Over My Head
  • Ron Sexsmith, Former Glory from Cobblestone Runway
Without even trying, 5 out of 7 are Canadian! Not enuff women tho'

The Tag Rules are:
List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words or even if they’re not any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your Live Journal/blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they’re listening to.

I tag -

  • Miss M of Reflective Ponderings
  • Daniel Yiek of Sarikei Time Capsule
  • Kuching Connections of Kuching Connections
  • guruh roy of Halcyone
  • Tundra PA of Tundra Medicine Dreams- who needs something simple to do after hosting Medical Grand Rounds
  • Desmond Jerukan of Nadai Nama Nama
  • 5 Comments:

    Blogger Desmond Douglas Jerukan said...

    Iis it okay I don tag anyone myself coz my internet (dial up) is soooo slow at the moment..... streamyyx still a bit of a problem

    2:00 AM  
    Blogger Daniel Yiek said...

    Borneo Breezes,
    Thanks for tagging me but I can not do that in my blog as my blog is for Sarikei tidbits...

    Anyway, I have been to Canada 3 times and have done Vancouver to Toronto! Love the country except for the bitter cold and the summer flies. The Rockies is my fav.

    4:18 AM  
    Blogger Kay Wotton said...

    How fast you are in responding.

    Desmond- One rule only--Do what you can do easily! i.e. no stress

    Guruh roy -great. Looking forward to seeing your choices.

    Daniel Yiek - This could be Sarikei musical tidbits! Pineapple melodies even!

    5:32 AM  
    Blogger medstudentitis said...

    Ok... I would say something more intelligent right now but it's 1:40 in the morning and I'm just going to leave it at this: Yay Canada.

    Thanks for checking out my blog.

    10:47 PM  
    Blogger Daniel Yiek said...

    For embedding music clips, try www.youtube.com and search for the music video. Then copy the html code into your post (click html mode instead of compose mode)

    Also visit this for yor fav music (free) while you surf the web at another browser window.

    http://www.radioblogclub.com/

    By the way, you can try to disable the word verification because after I did that I didnt get any spam in comments.

    1:03 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    Add this blog to my Technorati Favorites!